HD Security Cameras, A Clear Choice for Home or Business November 18th, 2015
Crooks don’t like to get caught on tape. But thanks to the growing affordability of security cameras it’s happening more and more.
Just as we have come to expect reasonably priced HD TVs and megapixel cameras, a lower price point is now making high-definition, discreet security cameras available to the masses. The trends indicate a similarly swift adoption of HD home cameras year-over-year.
Until recently, you had a choice: A) Purchase an HD security camera that was very expensive, bulky and hardly discreet. B) Purchase a cost-effective smaller security camera with the only standard definition. Standard definition or analog offers a grainy picture, making it hard to decipher details in the captured video. Clarity is the key word when it comes to HD video.
Advancements in HD security camera technology make it possible to purchase and have security cameras installed at a relatively low cost. Once installed and connected to your monitoring system, home or business owners can clearly see multiple security feeds live from different cameras on their mobile device, tablet, or computer. If you’ve had a breach of security you can review old footage too.
Affordability makes HD cameras the first line of defense both outside and inside the house. HD cameras allow you to see more distance with greater clarity. This offers a number of practical uses.
Security Cameras for Outdoor Use
- Outside the house, you can review the video from your HD panoramic dome security camera and see who smashed your car window and stole your bag. Is it the same person who broke in down the street? Share the visual information with the police and help identify a culprit who has been hitting the neighborhood for months.
- Check out the camera feed from the front of the house on your smartphone and see if you actually want to answer your door when it rings. Pizza delivery yes, window salesman no. Save the picture and share with your friends on nextdoor.com a visual of the aggressive salesman and tell them why they should not answer the door when he comes knocking.
Security Cameras for Indoor Use
- HD security cameras can also protect your loved ones inside the house. Is the babysitter making good choices for your most valuable items, your children? Discreet “nanny cams” make it possible for you to check in and gain peace of mind while away. Now HD security cameras are small enough to be hidden in a decoy clock, smoke alarm or other common household items that will leave them none the wiser.
- As the kids get older, you might want to enlist a different kind of babysitter. A covert HD security camera might just do the trick. Recording their actions might give them second thoughts about making some of the common bad decisions teenagers often make.
- Ever wonder what Fluffy is up to while you are at work? Internal motion-triggered cameras can capture him dominating his indoor animal kingdom. Is your dog training really working? Or does Fido continue to sleep on the bed after you leave for work no matter how many times you scolded him? Check the feed and see what is happening on the home front while you at the office.
- As baby boomers and their parents age, there becomes a greater need for solutions that allow the elderly to keep their independence and also for the family to keep a watchful eye on them. HD video monitors installed in their home can help the family make sure their normal routine continues and raise a red flag is something is out of the ordinary. HD security cameras are a lot less expensive and invasive than assistive living or full-time caretakers.
HD security cameras can be as discreet as you want them to be – think nanny cam. Or HD security cameras can be placed more obviously outside to help deter thieves looking for easy targets.
Here are some of our current, favorite HD cameras available through Fortress Security, ready to install today.
Small and Smart: 3MP Outdoor Network Mini Dome Camera
- 3MP (2048 x 1536) high resolution
- Full HD1080p real-time video
- EXIR 30m IR range
- True day/night
- 3D DNR & DWDR & BLC
- IP66 rating
Vandal Proof IR Dome Camera
- 2MP CMOS sensor
- Full HD1080P video output
- True day / night
- Privacy mask, eclipse
- OSD menu
- Up to 40m IR distance
- IP66 weatherproof and vandal proof
For questions, consultation or an estimate for camera placement and a security system, you can request a free quote:
Posted in: Security System Technology » by: admin
Leave a Response
You must be logged in to post a comment.